I've owned two midi cables for about 13 years, I'll start with that.
I finally found both of these cables after a year long on and off search of the following places:
- My studio
- My cables box
- My loft
- My laptop bag
- The school I teach at occasionally
- A friends studio
- My cables box (had a good rumage this time)
- My other laptop bag
- My camera bag
- My mobile studio bag
- My loft again (after a clear out)
- My garage
- My car
- The draws in my bed
I finaly found these cables in my cables box, the CABLES BOX. Granted I acutally emptied it out this time, I must have mistaken it for one of the cheap molded XLR cables I have in there.
I had to find these cables because a friend of mine gave me his old M-Audio Oxygen keyboard with the USB broken. I was using this keyboard when I took the picture for my "75 is a big red number" post, after taking it apart and fixing the USB. The newely fixed USB interface on the keyboard broke itself again after 2 weeks and I decided to try the midi out port.
I had been looking for these cables for a few reasons
- I wanted to 'sync' my GT-6 to my VG-8 while setting up my live guitar rig
- I needed to record some piano stuff and didn't want to rely on the samples in a Roland piano in a recent recording session
- I hate loosing stuff
- I thought I was going mad!!
Well, I'm not mad and I have the MIDI cables!
Work continues... When the day job allows :)